Tips on installing your roof
Buying a good roof is not just enough to ensure that your home will end up looking good. The installation process plays a key role in bringing out the desired look.Here are a few things to look out for when installing your roof:
1. Always ensure that your installer (fundi) is trained and understands the application of the roofing product you plan to use. Roof installation is a critical factor in determining how your house will look. When settling for a roof installer, establish how long they have been in the business to ascertain their understanding of roofing systems. Ask for previous projects handled to act as references before committing to use them to install your roof. Professional installation is crucial to ensure a neat and beautiful look.
2. Make sure you trim any overhanging branches from trees hanging over your house to ensure that none of them breaks off and damages your roof.
3.Ensure that you have the necessary safety equipment necessary for your roof installers on site. Working on a roof can be demanding and dangerous if you don’t have the right set of skills and tools needed to get the job done safely.
4. If you have curved parts on your roof designs, opt for cranked/crimped roofing sheets. Cranking allows you to have a uniform roof cover without the risk of having many joints which often lead to leakages.
5. During the installation process ensure that the screws are fixed on the rib as opposed to the trough. Rain water often flows through the trough.
6. Use recommended fixtite screws to install your roof. Nails and other screws are often galvanised and they end up rusting over time. The exposure to rust on your roof creates weak points which often cause leakages.